Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MMmm...Garlic


So, my dad turned to me this weekend and says, Sam, did you eat something with a lot of garlic last night? No, I replied.....this is not the first time I've been asked this. My mom also asked me once.....I guess they were trying to tell me in a gentle way, that I stink like garlic! Hmmm.....practically everything I cook for myself has garlic in it, and another favorite, onions. I said, but it's so good for you! They recommended I take a few nights off of my garlic enhanced suppers, especially before date nights....(have I mentioned, now that they're empty nesters its like their ultimate goal, to see my sister and I meet somebody and marry? I don't mind the pressure, I actually find it kind of amusing and exciting at the same time, and in all honesty, it doesn't feel like pressure to me...well if it did, I'd be losing sleep over it, and thats certainly not something I want! :P

My love affair with garlic and onion will continue, I love the taste, and the health benefits! Garlic and onion are in the same family (Alliaceae). Garlic has incredible anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-oxidant value...also reducing the amount of cholesterol thats absorbed in your arteries, which in turn reduces your blood pressure (clear blood vessels), and for diabetes patients, it is considered to regulate blood sugar levels by increasing the release of insulin. These are only some of the wonderful, natural characteristics that some garlic in your sauté can include! I will not step away from the garlic! If this man is the one for me, he'll have to smell that smell for as long as we're together, so better get used to it now ! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment