Friday, November 19, 2010

No Science Necessary


There is no science to explaining this post, just something for you to maybe think about the next time you're trying to resist that breakfast muffin or donut......

My wonderfully friendly street cart coffee man includes a donut with my coffee every morning as part of the $1.25 he accepts from me every day as one of his costumers...now I haven't said no to accepting this little treat, because some days he does throw in a piece of fruit, and I don't want to insult him by turning down the offer.  Instead, I offer it to a work colleague or on my way home I drop it with the guy by the church.  I few days ago nobody in work wanted it, and I left it in my cabinet before leaving for the day and forgot about it  until a few days later.....needless to say I rediscovered it 3 days later and the thing was as hard as a rock.

Think about this:

As FRUIT/VEGGIES/LEGUMES AGE     ---> THEY SOFTEN
As JUNK FOOD/SUGAR LATENT CARBS/FATS/OILS/CHEESE AGE  ---> THEY HARDEN

Just visualize for a minute how the difference of those 2 are finishing up their natural process INSIDE YOU BODY!!!!!

You're actually cleansing your body eating the fruits and veggies, your heart and arteries are pumping happily and you are energized, satisfied, and feeling good, 99.9% of the time.

While you're eating a diet of mostly fats, sugars, and carbs, your heart is struggling, your veins are unhappy, and although you might get a little sugar rush -- chances are you're not feeling great 99.9% of the time --- you're probably also experiencing a seasonal cold right about now.

There's no scientific explanation needed here....... 

****If you're unsure of the difference between good and bad, think about it this way -- most of the stuff to eat sparingly has a tan color, most of the food to eat in abundance has a vibrant color from the rainbow.***  : )

I'm not saying not to indulge a little, but always remember MODERATION!


By the way, this is a GREAT book - I highly recommend it, you don't have to be into nutrition....as long as you care about your health, you'd like, very interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment